Platypus lo-stretch is a monofilament that has such low stretch it thinks it's a braid.
- The advantage of braid is the incredible sensitivity you get from near zero stretch
- Platypus Lo-Stretch has the lowest stretch possible from a monofilament
- By captialising on new raw material blends and state of the art manufacturing processes we are able to bring you this exceptional line
- Much has been written about the advantages of Braid and most of it is true, but we often forget that monofilament has its place in fishing as well
Some points to consider:
- Some stretch is good, braid has almost no stretch which makes the line incredibly sensitive, but can result in pulled hooks and lost fish
- Platypus Lo-Stretch gives you the best of both worlds - enough stretch to allow a slight shock absorbing quality with minimum stretch for maximum sensitivity.
''This line makes it possible to control the fish when I need to, very reliable line!'' - Mr Ishikawa Motchan, respected Japanese seabass angler
- All braided lines have worse knot strength than monofilament, and knots for braids typically require more turns and wraps than regular knots
- Good knots tied with Platypus Lo-Stretch give 100% knot strength, excellent knots tied in braid give 85% knot strength
- Platypus Lo-Stretch is more cost effective than Braid, roughly one third the price of Braid
ADVANTAGES OF PLATYPUS LO-STRETCH
- Lo-Stretch is thinner than most monofilaments
- Constructed using an exclusive three-layer process
- IGFA class
- Low stretch for added sensitivity and improved lure action
- 100% Australian made, owned and operated
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Tackle World Townsville users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.