The Shimano Torium Overhead Series is back — and they’re better than ever. The three all-new reels in the 2015 lineup — the 16HGA, the 20HGA and the 30HGA — come equipped with Shimano’s legendary Cross Carbon star drag system, which has been designed to provide 10 kilos of brute-stopping power. This is just what you need when fishing braided line like Power Pro, and line capacities are excellent for their respective sizes. With a high gear ratio of 6.2:1 and a staggering 117cm of line recovered with every crank of the handle, those high speed metals and jigs are simply going to fly through the water. Hopefully their target species can keep up! At a tad over 500 grams in weight, the three reels feature a compact design with a low-slung gear housing, so they’re sufficiently light and ergonomically efficient for long casting sessions without fatigue. Additionally, three SA-RB bearings and one roller bearing make every cast accurate and as smooth as silk. Finally, given their rugged work environment, the inclusion of EI surface treatment on the aluminium frame and spool will ensure these Toriums continue to look the goods and perform for years to come.
- High Speed Gear Ratio
- 3 S A-RB (Shielded A-RB) Stainless Steel Ball Bearings +, 1 A-RB Stainless Steel Roller Bearing
- Super Stopper Anti-Reverse Plus Backup Anti-reverse Pawl
- Die-Cast Aluminium Frame
- One-Piece Aluminium Handle-Side Sideplate
- Precision "Click" Star Drag
- Cross Carbon Drag
- Oversized Clicker Button for ease of use
- High Efficiency Gearing (HEG)
- S-Compact Body
- E.I (Anti-Corrosion Surface Treatment)
- Power Al Body Construction
- Bearings: 4
- Drag Rating: 10kg
- Gear Ratio: 6.2:1
- Line Capacity Mono (lbs/yds) 25/420, 30/350, 40/260
- Line Capacity Braid (lbs/yds) 50/1015, 65/515, 80/415
Warranty: Ten Years Shimano Fishing Australia warranty.
Includes 300m 80lb Dog Tooth Code X8 Jigging braid, valued at $79.99
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Tackle World Townsville users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.